Click here to download the Innovate Kenya Application Form
- Innovation solutions must attempt to tackle problems in the fields of Health, Sanitation, Energy, Education, Agriculture, Environment, Transportation, Arts & Design, Telecommunications, Civic Media, and Engineering.
- Project proposal must be in English.
- Teams should consist of 3-5 students in ANY secondary school.
- Contact Information: Provide each team member’s name, your school’s name, address and detailed contact information. Remember to indicate who is the team leader.
- Introduction: A brief overview of your project
- Problem: What is the problem that you are trying to solve through this innovation?
- Problem Motivation: Why is this problem important to you?
- Proposed Solution: How are you planning on fixing this problem? And is it scalable?
- Detailed Budget: What would the costs be to completing your project?
- Plan of Action: What steps are you planning on taking to make this project a reality?
- A letter of recommendation/endorsement from the principal of the school.
- Name and contact information of 2 mentors and/or supporting teacher.
Proposal Guidelines and Hints:
- Illustrations and drawings are encouraged.
- Proposals can either be typed up or written by hand. If proposal is written by hand, ensure that the writing is legible.
- Examples of proposals can be found here
- Keep the budgets realistic and focus on what is strictly necessary.
Teams must submit their proposals either by:
- E-mail as an attached document to email@example.com with the subject “Project Proposal – School Name”.
- Mailed to: “INNOVATE KENYA: C/O- Abdallah Mohamed P.O. Box 16698-00620, Nairobi, Kenya.”