Click here to download the Innovate Kenya Application Form
Click here to download the Chicago Ideas Week Application Form
- Innovation solutions must attempt to tackle problems in the fields of Health, Sanitation, Energy, Education, Agriculture, Environment, Transportation, Arts & Design, Telecommunications, Civic Media, and Engineering.
- Project proposal must be in English.
- Teams should consist of 3-5 students in ANY secondary school.
- Contact Information: Provide each team member’s name, your school’s name, address and detailed contact information. Remember to indicate who is the team leader.
- Introduction: A brief overview of your project
- Problem: What is the problem that you are trying to solve through this innovation?
- Problem Motivation: Why is this problem important to you?
- Proposed Solution: How are you planning on fixing this problem? And is it scalable?
- Detailed Budget: What would the costs be to completing your project?
- Plan of Action: What steps are you planning on taking to make this project a reality?
- A letter of recommendation/endorsement from the principal of the school.
- Name and contact information of 2 mentors and/or supporting teacher.
Proposal Guidelines and Hints:
- Illustrations and drawings are encouraged.
- Proposals can either be typed up or written by hand. If proposal is written by hand, ensure that the writing is legible.
- Examples of proposals can be found here
- Keep the budgets realistic and focus on what is strictly necessary.
Teams must submit their proposals either by:
- E-mail as an attached document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Project Proposal – School Name”.
- Mailed to: “INNOVATE KENYA: C/O- Abdallah Mohamed P.O. Box 16698-00620, Nairobi, Kenya.”
- In hard copy to an Innovate Kenya representative or to one of the national drop-off points listed below:
Application Drop-of Points:
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) has agreed to let us use their offices as application drop-of points. The address of their offices can be found below. If using these offices, remember to tell the contact person that you are submitting an application for Innovate Kenya.
IPA NAIROBI OFFICE
Contact Person: Janet Nakuti
Jonathan Court, Ngong Road
Next to Coptic Hospital/Across from China Center
P.O. Box 72427-00200
Tel: +254(0)707 387 478
Cell: +254(0)719 468 911
IPA KISUMU OFFICE
Contact Person: Ruth Owuor
Tom Mboya Drive, Milimani
P.O. Box 2663-40100, Kisumu
Tel: +254(0)721 950 856
Cell: +254(0)727 362 183
IPA BUSIA OFFICE
Contact PersonFlorence Makhoha
Along Kisumu-Busia Road
P.O. Box 373-50400, Busia
Tel: +254(0)20 203 6752, +254(0)55 22244
Cell: +254(0)712 636 353
IPA BUNGOMA OFFICE
Contact Person: Stella Barasa
Near Bungoma Police Station
Next to ACK Church
P.O. Box 1265-50200, Bungoma
Tel: +254 (0)707 480 003
Cell: +254(0)706 723 923
IPA KAKAMEGA OFFICE
Contact Person: Mary Ateto
Amalemba Area, Kisumu- Kakamega Rd
Next to Albertos Academy
P.O. Box 2667-50100, Kakamega
Tel: +254(0)707 480 004
Cell: +254(0)722 794 366
Contact Person: Ariel Dana
Next to the Post office, Ndaragua Town
P.O. Box 27-20306, Ndaragua
Tel: +254(0)720 963 722
*A big thank you to IPA from Global Minimum, for letting us use their offices!
Contact Person: Chris Alaro
Nakuru Player’s Theater
Kipchoge Keino Avenue off of Moses Mudavadi Road (between Hotel Cathay and Hotel Bontana)