Print this Page

Local & Cheap Fire Extinguisher

School: Mary Leakey Girls School

Category: Health & Sanitation

The finalist team from Mary Leakey girls School wants to make a low cost homemade fire extinguisher.

Problem:

Classic fire extinguishers are very expensive, way out of the budget of most families schools and businesses in Kenya. Because of faulty wiring, as well as dangerous cooking and lighting appliances and substances, fires are also a leading cause of death, injury and loss of property in Kenya.

Solution:

This team hopes to build an extremely low cost and easily made fire extinguisher from citric acid, limestone and an aerosol can. They hope to create a fire extinguisher everyone can afford, thus helping stop fires before they harm anyone or anything.

9135482753_8f9f887ba0_c

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Permanent link to this article: http://www.innovatekenya.org/local-cheap-fire-extinguisher/