Tapping Into the Minds of Kenya’s Youth
To apply, each Secondary School must send by email a recommendation letter supporting up to two teams to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attached to the recommendation letters must be a list of team members, a list of advisers, and one proposal per team. Teams can submit applications by 15th March 2013 to receive feedback.
The deadline to submit a proposal by email is May 15th, 2012, 12noon. Apply Today! (Late entries will not be considered.)
- Contact Information: Provide each team member’s name, your school’s name, address and detailed contact information
- Introduction: A brief overview of your project
- Problem: What is the problem that you are trying to solve through this innovation?
- Problem Motivation: Why is this problem important to you?
- Proposed Solution: How are you planning on fixing this problem? And is it scalable?
- Detailed Budget: What would the costs be to completing your project?
- Plan of Action: What steps are you planning on taking to make this project a reality?
- Innovation solutions must attempt to tackle problems in the fields of Health, Energy, Education, Agriculture, Transportation, Telecommunications, Civic Media, and Engineering.
- Teams should consist of 3-5 students in ANY secondary school.
- Teams must submit their proposals through the Innovate Kenya representative at your secondary school.
- Project proposal must be in English.